Sunday 9 December 2012

My elf daily lapbook

While searching you tube for mini albums I came across this lap book tutorial by Kathy Orta. I instantly fell in love with it. Lots of hidey holes and places for matting and Its full of interactive goodness for the kiddies to enjoy looking through it. I decided the mint twist collection by Kaisercraft would be perfect to do an elf on the shelf December daily as it was our first year with Alf our elf as part of our family.

However I struggled a bit while going along with the tutorial firstly here in Australia our manilla folders are quite different to the ones she used (so I had to adapt a little), then there were a few oh whoops I need to go back a step which was fine but I learnt that I am better following something in written form than video. I also adapted a couple of things to suit me better.

I hope you enjoy making this album as much as I did. It was so much fun.

~What you will need~
6 manilla folders (I got a 50 pack from office works for about $6)
1\2" double sided tape (have a spare roll on hand I used a fair bit)
1\4" double sided tape (I didn't find this strong enough so only used it for matting)
6 - 10 pieces of 12x12 plain colour cardstock in coordinating colours (you may use more or less depending on what pockets you incorporate)
A collection pack (I used Kaiser-craft Mint twist)
12x12 mint twist number sticker sheet
A packet of mint twist dies
Manilla tags (I got mine from the newsagent's or you can make them)
Corner rounder (optional)
Paper trimmer
Score pal (or something similar)
Scissors
Ruler
Bone folder
Velcro

I know that looks like a lot of materials. But its so fun you won't regret it. So get your goods together and stay tuned for the next chapter.





These are just a few photos on the unfinished product. I'll be sure to upload more when can take some.

No comments:

Post a Comment