Sunday 23 March 2014

Viva paper pens and Enamel Dots

I am OBSESSED with enamel dots at the moment. I mean who isn't.  The problem being they can get expensive. so I started exploring ways I could make my own. the first attempt I melted pony beads in the oven. the results were quite good however, the fumes weren't great and after a bit of research I found out the fumes are toxic. So dont do that!! From an enamel dot point of view I wasn't happy with the fact you could only make one size. I like variations.
Then I came across viva paper pens. Omg my life has been changed I purchased 3 colours from Scrap Dragon to trial them and see what the results were like. I was thrilled!!! I simply made dots on my craft sheet and let then dry. The trick is to not do them too close together as you will end up with a big gloop. The paint takes a while to dry so I recommend making them at night  before bed so  they're dry in the morning.
I was so impressed, i have ordered 3 more colours. At $5.99 a pen and $6.95 postage for 3 pens you cant go wrong. It makes it much more economical than enamel dots. I also saw you can get pearl pens by the same company which is now on my wish list.


I am so so so Happy with how these turned out. do yourself a favour. Go and get some and try them for yourself, you wont be sorry. Im simply a little crafter who is absolutely thrilled with a product!!! 

The card on the left has been embellished using enamel dots where the card
on the right I embellished using dots I made with the viva paint pens

However... i emailed scrap dragon to ask if they minded me linking their store and they gave me a 5% discount code for you to use. The discount code is SCRAPDRAGON


Happy Crafting!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love these cards! Aside from the enamel dots & pens, I love the inspiration for using scraps of paper! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you beth, They were very quick and easy. I just needed to knock something together to showcase the dots :) So essentially I just grabbed a couple of things that were sitting on my desk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are fantastic! I've never bought enamel dots, but have been tempted lately.. this is a great economical solution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might have to give these a go!!! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. sian your more than welcome.

    renae. very economical

    ReplyDelete