Saturday 19 April 2014

No longer a baby

Today we had a joint party with miss s for her third birthday and miss r for her 4th.  Miss r is a very dear friend whose mum offered to join our children's parties to have one big one. And what a lovely day it was.
Miss s was telling me all week that everybody was going to sing happy birthday vanna to her. When it came to the crunch she looked a bit baffled by the whole thing.
I spent the latter part of the week getting prepared. Making playdough, jelly, cakes, honey joys and chocolate crackles.
The weather was a bit iffy with intermittent rain but did that bother the children. NO. the parents. yeah a little. But you know what. It didn't matter. What did matter was that the birthday girls had a good time.
My friend made a unicorn cake while I made my own spin on a dolly varden cake. (I had a couple of mishaps with my cake, this week multi tasking was not my forte)

I'm not sure how I feel about miss s turning 3. I think its time to say goodbye to my baby and hello to my preschooler. (Or can I still claim toddler) being my last child it's bitter sweet.

Here's some snaps from our day. Thanks to everyone who made it the day It was xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment