Thursday 23 January 2014

2014. jumping into it.

So, somehow, somewhere, 2013 ran away with me. Family happened, Injuries happened and getting my blog up and running fell by the wayside. I didnt want that to happen it just sort of did. 2013 was a big emotional rollercoaster, but 2014 is time to stop making excuses and just get it done.

So I sat down and asked myself, why do I want a blog? I have seen so many people with grand plans of having a creative, family related blog for it to turn into a diary type thing where they use it to complain and whine about their friends family and life. do I want that? no.
do I want to share my passion with creating? yes.
would I like to include some little insights to my household while keeping it a little private? yes.
do I want to use the blog as a motivator to keep up to date with my project life? yes.
and find some fun messy way to traditional scrap and share them with you? yes.
would I like to apply for design team roles? sure I would, however the blog is only part the reason of my not applying for dt. I lack confidence in my skills. everyone else loves what I do heck I love what I do but displaying for 'advertising' purposes? what if they dont like it? what if im not wanted? can i handle the rejection? i'm not 100% sure how to cross that hurdle. but hey.  why dont we try!

so what is stopping all this from happening? I am whats stopping it. I am so time poor its ridiculous but this year I need to take the time to realise whether I am time poor or if I create my time poor by procrastinating?

so this year it is on my to do list to get this blog up and running. no I might not have many readers but its nice to know that I have a little corner of the world where I create.

happy crafting people. I will check back soon

No comments:

Post a Comment