Thursday 23 January 2014

project life 2014

So... we are 6 (maybe 7) weeks into 2014 and I am yet to print a photo.

I have however kept a daily journal and been noting what photos im going to use. I seem to have lost my mojo a bit and I really need to find Mel time. this year I am going back to basics and using the k.i.s.s. theory (keep it simple stupid). Last year I only used core kits when I needed to do a quick catch up and pump out pages. I focused on embellishing and making my pages fun. this resulted in me falling behind with journalling as I focused on the pretty. I did however keep buying partial core kits the people were selling off leaving me with quite a stock of core kit partials. and two albums exploding at the seams for the year. which is fine. But if you look at the big picture say 10 years of project life and there is 20 albums, plus my traditi8nal albums. I have been scrapbooking (as opposed to the dabbling I did prior) for 3 years and I already have 10 full albums and two 'in the process albums' on the go so in the grand schemem of this 1 project life album a year is ideal.

SO using this mind set I have preloaded my pages with project life cards. A kit per month. and the only embellies I will be using is stamps, rub ons and other flat embellies NO BULK.

  I am going on a retreat with a group of girls from the Project life Australia facebook group in two weeks and will be using that time to complete 2013 and kick start my 2014.

What are you using to simplify this years album? what did you learn last year that you will do differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment