Thursday 23 January 2014

stamp storage

I have a confession to make.

I love clear stamps. It is safe to say I am addicted to them. I prefer photo polymer (and love love love the smell of them) but if I find nice acrylic stamps that I must have I will buy.

The problem with acrylic stamps is storage. I have seen people use clear DVD cases to store them or Avery clear pockets. But with the amount of stamps I have I feel I need to have a system to store them that condenses the room that take up.

A while ago I came across this tutorial from mercy tiara on stamp storage and I just knew this was what I needed to keep them all together.  In this tutorial she keeps them in baskets on her desk but with my limited craft space I decided to punch holes in it and store them in a lever arch folder. And you know what? They fit nicely in my expedit with my albums.

What you need

2 a4 sheets of transparency
1 a4 sheet of white card stock
A hole punch
Masking tape or washi tape
Double sided tape

Start by adhering 1 piece of transparency to the piece of card stock.  Peel your stamps off the plastic they are on and place them the way they are on the plastic onto the left side of your transparency. Place the remaining piece of transperency over the top of the stamps. Using washi tape or mask in tape tape along the bottom of the page to stop stamps from falling out the bottom. Turn over and using double sided tape the printed piece of plastic to the card stock lining it up with where you placed the stamp. I also write under the price of printed plastic what brand of stamps they are for reference.  Punch holes in the page and put it in your binder. You can fit 3-4 stamp sets on the page this way. And then just flick through the binder to see what to use.

I love this style of storage. so much so I am about to start my third folder. I also have a binder I take to crops with just the stamps I need in it.

How do you store yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment