Sunday 2 November 2014

Finding my mojo

Lately around here I have rediscovered my scrapping mojo. For the last 8-9 months I just haven't been feeling it. My project life had stayed fairly up to date (sans journalling) but as for 12x12 layouts all inspiration had been missing. I even considered giving up all together. I mean what's the point of having all these supplies but not using them.
At the start of October I attended scrap camp. The weeks leading up to it I put all my efforts into prepping for camp. I had kits made up some were specifically to make 1 layout with the photo already chosen and others were there to make multiple layouts. I thought if anything was going to get me out of my slump this would be the way to go.
Its safe to say that camp and preparation truly did have the desired outcome. The challenges that the camp organisers set up also helped me with this. I managed to get 9 layouts done and had a lot of laughs along the way.
I had also made the decision I needed to scrap my stash. Sometimes (and you will probably find this yourself) we get so caught up in the purchasing side of scrapbooking. We get swamped in product. This was exactly where I was. I had so much stuff I didn't know where to start. Prior to campo I sold off a fair bit of my stash. So much so I was receiving messages from some scrapbooking friends worried I had packed it in. Given up. Not the case at all. I was just too overwhelmed with product.
I returned from camp mojo renewed. I have scrapped every night I have had free. And I have the resolution to have another clean out. I took to camp everything I could have needed to create layouts and I feel I can get rid of all the other "stuff".
My advice to you when you have lost you mojo and feel like giving up the scrapbooking journey. Find some sketches. Make some kits up from your stash and find some like minded people to give you a nudge in the right direction. There is always something to scrap and you have it in you to do it. Sometimes we just lose focus on what the journey is about.
Its not about having the latest greatest releases. Its about working with what you have and opening your mind.
This was my monochromatic challenge layout. I have always wanted to do a all white layout and I'm very happy with how it turned out

This challenge was to scrap about something or someone that means something to you and journal why it means so much to you. I absolutely adore this layout 

2 comments:

  1. Mel I love these two layouts, the white is just stunning and the second one is fabulous with the journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these two layouts and having seem them both in real life know that they are just even better.

    ReplyDelete