Sunday 16 November 2014

This week

This week has been a whirlwind. Extra hours at work, spring cleaning (with a 3 and 5 year old, not easy) and school transition days to name a few.

However i still managed to squeeze in some time to craft. On Wednesday i headed to my dear friend Carolyn for a crop. It was slow starting. but I managed to get 3 layouts done and a couple of pages in my December documented smash book ready to go. i also did a bit of stamp organising as well. Tonight after running around all day returning the carpet cleaner, painting some mugs with the kids for Christmas presents, heading into town to pick up a lay by (it was a lay by I couldn't have an audience for to collect) I sat down and couldn't find my oomph. I thought well there's a waste of a night. come 10.30pm my mojo kicked in (of course) and I completes a layout that has been weeks in progress.

I love this layout. I was inspired by a layout my friend Carol had done and asked her if I could scrap lift it. The problem was I didn't know what background paper she used. So out came my stamps and I created my own background paper using kellies stamps (have you bought from her? you simply must!) and some studio calico stamps. It turned out really well. I wasn't sure what photos I wanted to use until my nanna arrived this week with an envelope of stamps from when I was growing up. Bang!! There they were. The perfect photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment